Rhode Island Gunsmith
> Safe Gun Handling
Safe Gun Handling
All gun owners should be made aware of the major causes of gun accidents:
- Ignorance - a lack of knowledge.
- An individual may not know how to properly operate a pistol.
- A person may not be familiar with the gun safety rules.
- Carelessness - firearm accidents can occur when a person is careless around firearms.
- a personal handling a gun may know the various gun safety rules but neglects to apply them.
The Gun Safety Rules
- Always keep your finger off the trigger until ready to shoot.
- Always keep the gun muzzel pointed in a safe direction.
- Always keep the gun unloaded until ready for use.
- Always know what is behind your target before you shoot.
- Always be sure the barrel and action is clear of obstructions before shooting.
- Always treat every firearm like it is loaded.
- Always store firearms and ammunition locked beyond the reach of unauthorized individuals.
- Never point a firearm at anything you do not want to shoot.
- Never pull a firearm toward you by the muzzle.
- Never shot a bullet at a flat hard surface or water.
- Never use drugs or alchohol prior or firearms handling.